Aphios’ intellectual property portfolio consists of 70 issued US and international patents, 34 pending patents, several trademarks, and know-how.
Our intellectual property portfolio includes a suite of patents on our enhanced therapeutic products and enabling technology platforms including drug discovery and manufacturing technologies, nanotechnology drug delivery technologies, and pathogen reduction and virus inactivation technologies as well as microbial cell disruption and crystallization technologies.
Partial List of Patents
- Bryoid Composition, Methods of Making and Use Thereof, U.S. Patent Notice of Allowance, November 12, 2020
- Combination Therapeutics and Methods for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative and Other Diseases, U.S. Patent No. 10,828,276, November 10, 2020
- Transplantation Therapies, U.S. Patent No.US 10,723, 744 B2, July 28, 2020
- Combination Therapeutics and Methods for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative and Other Diseases, European Patent No. 2 925 314, January 4, 2020
- Combination HIV Therapeutic, U.S. Patent No. 10,493,030 B2, December 3, 2019
- Drug Delivery System and Method for the Treatment of Neuro-degenerative Disease, U.S. Patent No. 10,485,766 B2, November 26, 2019
- Bryoid Compositions, Methods of Making and Use Thereof, Certificate of Grant of Patent, Hong Kong Standard Patent Application No. 16104870.9 (Patent No. HK1216891), November 22, 2019
- Combination Therapeutics and Methods for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative and Other Diseases, Japanese Patent No. 6,579,956, September 06, 2019
- Formulations and Compositions of Vitamin D Analogs for Treating and Preventing Cancer and Other Diseases, U.S. Patent No. 10,258,635 B2, April 16, 2019
- Bryoid Compositions, Methods of Making and Use Thereof, European Patent No. 2925315, January 16, 2019
- Bryoid Compositions, Methods of Making and Use Thereof, Chinese Patent No. ZL201380069328.2, October 19, 2018
- Transplantation Therapies, U.S. Patent No. 9,994,585 B2, June 12, 2018
- Apparatus and Methods for Making Nanosomes Loaded with Nucleic Acid, U.S. Patent No. 9,981,238 B2, May 29, 2018
- Drug Delivery System and Method for the Treatment of Neuro-Degenerative Disease, U.S. Patent No. 9,034,347 B2, May 19, 2015
- Nanotechnology Formulation of Poorly Soluble Compounds, U.S. Patent No. 8,703,727 B2, April 22, 2014
- Methods for Co-Encapsulation of Combination Drugs & Co-Encapsulated Combination Drug Product, U.S. Patent No. 8,637,074 B2, January 28, 2014
- Nanoencapsulated Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, U.S. Patent No.8,629,177 B2, January 14, 2014
- Methods and Apparatus for Processing Cellulosic Biomass, U.S. Patent No. 8,540,847 B2, September 24, 2013
- Polymer Microspheres/Nanospheres and Encapsulating Therapeutic Proteins Therein, (Oral Insulin Patent), U.S. No. 8,440,614 B2, May 14, 2013
- Use of Gingerols for Cancer Patients Suffering from Nausea and Emesis Induced by Chemotherapy, U.S. No. 8,435,575 B2, May 07, 2013
- Polymer Microspheres/Nanospheres and Encapsulating Therapeutic Proteins Therein, U.S. Patent No. 8,070,467 B2, December 06, 2011
- Compositions and Methods for Inhibiting 5-a Reductase, U.S. Patent No. 7,744,935 B2, June 29, 2010
- Polymer Microspheres/Nanospheres and Encapsulating Therapeutic Proteins Therein, U.S. Patent No. 7,708,915 B2, May 04, 2010
We have trademarks on our technologies and products, several of which are registered, including Aphios®, Natural Solutions for Human Health®, Taking Nature’s Wisdom to a Higher Level®, Partnering for the Future of Human Health®, Inspired by Nature, Enabled by Science®, Zindol®, and other pending marks.
We have established significant know-how on the isolation and manufacturing of natural products, the nanotechnology delivery of proteins, peptides, and siRNA as well as hydrophobic anticancer compounds, and the inactivation of viruses and other pathogens in human plasma, human plasma products and biologics including monoclonal antibodies over the last two decades.
We have also developed significant expertise and know-how in the design and construction of equipment for drug discovery and manufacturing, nanotechnology drug delivery and pathogenic drug safety, and in the manufacturing of research chemicals and active pharmaceuticals.
Intellectual Property Strategy
We continue to pursue a proactive intellectual property strategy with our internal research and development as well as in collaborations with universities, research institutions and strategic corporate partners.