An alkaloid isolated from the corn lily (Veratrum californicum) is a Sonic Hedgehog gene pathway antagonist with potential anticancer properties
- Catalog No: APH-05013
- CAS Number: 469-59-0
- Chemical Formula: C27H39NO3
- Molecular Weight: 425.61
- Purity: > 98% determined by HPLC
- Appearance: White to off-white crystals
- Solubility: Soluble in ethanol and methanol
- Stability: Stable over extended period at -20°C.
- Storage: -20°C
- Shipping: On ice (5°C)
- Handling: Avoid exposure to skin and eyes.
Jervine is a steroidal alkaloid isolated from the corn lily (Veratrum californicum) that grows wild in the mountains and deserts of Nevada and California. Jervine is closely related to Cyclopamine.
Aphios isolates and manufactures jervine utilizing near-critical and supercritical fluids using CXF and CXP enabling technology platforms followed by proprietary segmentation chromatography.
Certain biological properties of Jervine are similar to those of Cyclopamine.